Last Modified April 1, 2022
3. GOVERNING LAW. These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia without reference to their rules regarding conflicts of law. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts in Oxford, Mississippi in all disputes arising out of or related to the use of the site.
4. AGE. The site is intended only for users aged 18 or older. Individuals under the age of 18 are strictly prohibited from using the site and the accounts for any such person shall be terminated upon discovery.
5. USE OF SOFTWARE. Company may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Company, for your personal, noncommercial, home use only. Company does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Company retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Company or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
6. USER CONTENT. You grant Company a license to use the materials you post to the Site or Service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Site or Service, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet business of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
7. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third-party rights rests solely with you.
11. NO WARRANTIES. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. COMPANY IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
12. LIMITED LIABILITY. COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY COMPANY. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
14. PROHIBITED USES. Company imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
16. COPYRIGHT. All contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © 2020 Parents of College Students, 603 Grove Forest Way Oxford, MS 38655. All rights reserved.
18. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Company or by any third party.
19. Company reserves the right to amend these Terms. Should Company seek to make such an amendment and we, in our sole discretion, consider the amendment to be material in nature, we shall:
(a) Clearly publish on the home page the fact an amendment is being made. You may contact us to discuss and contact information so you may discuss the proposed changes with us.
Should a court of competent jurisdiction rule this Amendment provision invalid, then this Amendment clause shall be terminated as part of this agreement with the agreement between us reverting to the previous set of terms applicable to the website. All amendments to the Terms shall be forward looking.
21. DISCLOSURE: This [website/social media account] is privately owned and operated and is in no manner licensed, endorsed or sponsored by or affiliated or associated with any university. The contents and advertisements are strictly those of Co and are not recommended, endorsed or sponsored by any university. Our recommendations/advertisers on this site, are a suggestion and although the developer finds the various vendors used to be competent and reliable, Parents of College Students Co. will not be responsible for any errors, acts of omissions on their part.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, Parents of College Students may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
If you purchase Parents of College Students Co. products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Parents of College Students Co. public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
Parents of College Students collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
Parents of College Students may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Parents of College Students and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Parents of College Students does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Parents of College Students may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. Parents of College Students may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Parents of College Students, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Parents of College Students may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Parents of College Students or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Parents of College Students; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Parents of College Students, or the public.
Tracking User Behavior
Parents of College Students may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Parents of College Students, in order to determine what Parents of College Students services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Parents of College Students to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Click thru tracking analytics for advertising and button pushes on parentsofcollegestudents.com
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Parents of College Students. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Parents of College Students website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
Parents of College Students secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Parents of College Students uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Children Under Thirteen
Parents of College Students does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, Parents of College Students may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Parents of College Students, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on unsubscribe through your email.
Changes to this Statement
Parents of College Students welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Parents of College Students has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Parents of College Students at:
Parents of College Students Co.
Oxford, Mississippi 38655
Parents of College Students Sponsor, Advertisement, & Affiliate Disclosure
Parents of College Students main focus has always been to deliver great, free content to our readers. In order to do so, Parents of College Students receives compensation from banner advertisements, some social media posts and affiliate links. Since the beginning, we’ve only endorsed brands that align with the content on Parents of College Students so you only see relevant ads and affiliate links. We only work with sponsors and affiliates we feel confident and comfortable recommending and using.
Banner Advertisements. We strive to only present you with unobtrusive, conspicuous, and consistent advertisements from local establishments. Banner advertisements appear in the homepage top leaderboard, right sidebar and center position spots. And also located on Resource Center Pages that are in listed in bold or have banner ads next to the listing, as well as in select articles and pages. These are paid advertisements, and if you click on them, you’ll be directed to the advertisers’ websites. We are not compensated if you click, but we hope you will learn more about these excellent brands who make this website possible.
Sponsors In Content. All of Parents of College Students ’s content is written by Parents of College Students staff, and the views and opinions expressed are our own. Parents of College Students maintains editorial and graphical control of all content, including advertisements. Since the brands we endorse align with our topics, sponsors may be mentioned by a writer in our content, such as our free directory listings or in articles about similar information. Due to the dynamic nature of this website, its content, and fluctuation of advertisers, disclosing each sponsor in every article, page, or listing is infeasible. If you have any questions about the legitimacy of specific content, please contact us.
Affiliate Links. Affiliate links are included throughout the website. All of our affiliates are resources we recommend and use. Since there are many instances of affiliate links throughout the website, please assume third-party services or products may be affiliate links. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
Transparency is important to us. If you have any questions about our relationships with sponsors, advertisers or affiliates, please contact us!
Thank you for supporting Parents of College Students and our efforts to provide you with free content through advertisements and affiliates.Last, but most importantly, we are absolutely NOT affiliated with any university.