Named one of the top small towns in America by Southern Living Magazine, New Albany is a beautiful up-and-coming community! Located less than an hour northeast of Oxford, New Albany offers lots of shopping and dining options.
New Albany is also home to the starting point of Mississippi’s longest Rails to Trails conversion, Tanglefoot Trail. This paved, 10-foot-wide biking and hiking trail begins in historic downtown New Albany and continues 44 miles through to Houston, Mississippi. The trail is available to the public free of charge, every day of the year, from a half hour before sunrise to a half hour after sunset. You can bring your own bike or rent one in town. Transportation services to and from the trial are also available.
There is a great selection of restaurants in downtown New Albany that are said to be just as good, if not better than, the dining establishments in Oxford! You should definitely put these on your list, but there are many more, too!
• The Rainey - Fairly new to New Albany, this is an upscale restaurant with gourmet southern offerings and hand-crafted cocktails.
• The Warehouse - Steaks/Fish
• Ciao Chow - Italian
• AC’s Coffee - Coffee shop
• Tallahatchie Gourmet - Southern fare (there is an Oxford location, as well)
• Brain Freeze - Ice Cream/Frozen yogurt
• Sugaree’s - This famous bakery will ship their delectable cakes anywhere AND they are sold (frozen) in many Oxford locations.
People travel from all over the state to shop at the reasonably priced, upscale boutiques and shops in downtown New Albany. Here is a short list of some of the stores we suggest you include in your day trip!
Happy day tripping, y’all!