Moving into a dorm can be stressful, but we want to make it a little easier for you and your student! Here are 5 things you may not have thought of that you will need in your dorm.
1. Nightstand - Dorms come with a chest of drawers, but no night stand. Bring one with you to put your alarm clock on, your phone, and your late night study books.
2. Lamp - Your desk may have a built-in light, but it won't be very bright. When your roommate is trying to sleep, you will want a lamp by your bed, so you can continue to study.
3. Ethernet cord - You will have free access to wifi, but as a backup plan, you may want to bring an ethernet cord. This will ensure that you always have internet service if you have waited until the last minute to finish that paper.
4. Coffee Maker - If you are a coffee drinker, pack a coffee maker. It doesn't have to be fancy, but it will come in handy more than you think. Being able to just fix a cup at night while you're studying or have it brewing in the mornings while you get ready is so convenient. Plus, it makes your dorm room smell amazing!
5. Hangers - You will have a closet, but you won't have any hangers. Be sure to pack some because it is likely that all of your clothes won't fit into your chest of drawers.
6. Laundry detergent - Each dorm has access to a laundry room with washers and dryers, but you have to bring your own detergent and washing materials. Be sure to pack it, so that you don't have to make a Wal-Mart run before washing your clothes.
If you are still looking for the finishing touches for your dorm room, stop by Home Store Furnishings on highway 12 and find the perfect items. They have nightstands, lamps, pillows, artwork, and more. Give them a call at 662-461-8991 today.