A weekend trip to visit your student is the perfect getaway, and in Starkville there is always something for your family to do! If you’re planning a visit but aren’t sure what to do, here are 4 ideas for family-friendly activities to keep everyone entertained.
1. Shopping for MSU gear. If you’re going to visit, it’s good to look the part in a brand new maroon t-shirt or hat. Visiting your student is a great opportunity to stock up on apparel, accessories and cowbells for the entire family. Check out Book Mart & Café, The Lodge, Barnes & Noble, Campus Book Mart and Owens Outfitters.
2. See a movie. With so many great movies coming out this year, a trip to Starkville’s Hollywood Premiere Cinema is a great family activity for a weekend visit. Odds are, your student doesn’t get to go to the movie theater often – they would probably appreciate it!
3. Get lunch together. Let’s be honest: students primarily survive on instant noodles and dining hall food, so the opportunity to eat a real meal is huge. With restaurant options of all kinds in Starkville, your family will have plenty of great choices. Here are a few options with great food for the whole family:
· Umi Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
· The Little Dooey
· Casa Bravo
4. Have a sweet treat for dessert. To round off a great day visiting your student and enjoying family time, consider going to one of Starkville’s great dessert places. Ice cream, gourmet popcorn, cookies or frozen yogurt – the choice is yours! Here are some amazing local dessert options for a sweet treat:
· Bop’s Frozen Custard
· Local Culture Frozen Yogurt
· Insomnia Cookies