Wish you had a second home in Oxford? Yeah, me too!! Let’s face it, if the timing is right for you and your family, it makes sense. Not just for game day weekends, there are a whole bunch of reasons why having a place to land in Oxford is desirable and fits easily into your life.
Don’t get me wrong, Ole Miss sporting events are a perfect reason to add trips to Oxford to your calendar. If you did not book hotel or rental reservations when the schedules were released… well let’s just say the drive to Tupelo or Batesville, while necessary, is not exactly at the top of my wish list of late-night drives at the end of an event filled day. In case a late-night drive or two do not convince you, here are five more reasons why a second home in Oxford is a great idea!!
1. Convenience – In my opinion, having a place in Oxford is like adding whipped cream on your dessert. Finding something within walking distance of campus or the square or near a shuttle is the cherry on top!! No parking or traffic worries. This convenience alone would keep a smile on my face! And if we choose to hang out in The Grove after a game or stroll back to the house or pick-up point, quality time with family, friends and guests remains the priority and it’s effortless.
2. Time saver – One of our most valuable commodities, our time. Everything needed is waiting for you from tailgating supplies to your toothbrush, there is no time spent packing, loading, unloading, unpacking, repacking, loading… well you get the picture. Everything is there ready for the next event.
3. Gathering – If we have learned nothing during the pandemic, having a way to gather with those we care about most is valuable! A place in Oxford provides a fun way to see your college kids, or entertain family, friends, and colleagues or simply escape for a getaway. It also is an ideal way to share your love for all things Oxford and Ole Miss.
4. Practical - You get to sleep in your bed. There will be no sleeping on a friend’s pull out or worrying about putting everything right where you found it when you borrowed a friend’s condo for the weekend. By owning your second home, everything is the way you prefer, from décor to room temperature, or favorite bed sheets to morning coffee.
5. Easy - There is not a check out time. There is no rush to pack up and leave until you are ready or need to head back home. Even better, stay and work from there if that fits with your life!!
That’s it, my Top 5 Reasons why a second home in Oxford will enhance your life! What do you think? I am ready to buy in Oxford, are you ready? Like this post and let me know in the comments down below.
And be on the lookout for more posts about Oxford real estate as we prepare for our Real Estate Week. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram @POCS_OleMiss and Facebook.